Oil & Gas industry
Since 2003 and due to the increased needing for polyethylene (PE) Pipes in gas industry throughout the local and foreign markets, EGIC started producing Oil and Gas PE pipes in our factories according to British standards.
When it comes to critical applications like gas transportation, Safety and reliability shall be firstly considered.
For these reasons PE Pipes had great potential in Oil & Gas industry.
Advantage of PE pipe in Oil & Gas industry
- Polyethylene (PE) pipe is rustproof, break-resistant and corrosion-free.
- PE pipe has an excellent resistance to harsh chemical environments.
- Due its high toughness and flexibility, PE pipe can withstand high external loads and high internal pressures.
- PE pipe have an estimated service life more than 50 years.
- When comes to cost, PE pipe is the best choice due to its reduced maintenance cost on long term service.
- PE pipe is about one-eighth the density of steel.
- Due its low weight, PE pipe is easy for transportation and installation which lay also in cost reduction because it doesn’t needs heavy equipment for installation.
- PE pipe is produced in straight lengths up to 12 meters long and can coiled in over 200 meters lengths depending on size.
EGIC awarded multiple certificates on it PE pipes from GL Noble Denton (one of the oil and gas businesses of DNV GL, headquartered in Hamburg, Germany and London, UK.)
- Certificate covers all pipes manufactured in Borealis PE80 Resin in the size range 32mm to 315mm for use at Pressures up to 5.5 bar according to Standard Specification PL2-2: 2008
- Certificate covers all pipes manufactured in Borealis PE100 Resin in the size range 32mm to 315mm for use at Pressures up to 7 bar according to Standard Specification PL2-2: 2008
- Certificate covers all pipes manufactured in INEOS PE100 Resin in the size range 63mm to 315mm for use at Pressures up to 7 bar according to Standard Specification PL2-2: 2008